.270 Win loads?

Thanks guys. I'm going to a gun show this weekend specifically looking for CCI BR2 primers. If that fails, I guess I'll have to order them and pay the shipping fees.

kenjs1, I haven't heard about the bolts. What should I know?

Thanks

esshup - sorry it took so long getting back to you on this. Just saw a few threads on where the bolt\receiver failed quite miserably. I don't know how isolated the incident was\is (more than one though) but others have taken to dissecting the components and have not come away with any confidence in regards to safety. Take it fwiw. Would hate to hear of someone else being hurt.

my wife said she wanted to go hunting and shooting with me and for me to find he a rifle that she could shoot and i looked at .223, 25-06, .243, 6mm, .270, .308, and even a 300w.mag and she liked my .270 the most since my dad and i built it i couldnt afford to buid her one and i bought a rem. 700 with 24 inch barrel and stock it kicked the *&^% out of me so i had the stock cut 1.75 inches and had a sholder saver pad mounted then had the barrel floated and a 3.5 inch long muzzle break fitted and for a rifle that cost me $600.00 i put in $300.00 the first time we took it out she said that it looked like a sniper rifle and was realy intimidated by the look of it but i explained what every part and mod was and how it benefits the shooter this is one girl that at 600 yard is deadly
ps. due to hers having a 24 inch barrel and mine having a 28 in bull barrel the hand loads are different even though "there both .270's" and she realy likes the 90 grain barnes with A.A 2520 @ 50.2 its alittle faster that my 130 grain nozzlers with imr 4350 @54.4 but there just as accurate and it gives me lots of time at my bench loading and on the bench shooting right next to her.

Last edited:
hay chuck its been a while since i visited this thread and we have had a lot of fun at the range we just took down the range hear at the farm due to planting but i also got my wife interested in pistols and she gave up a .357 mag for a 9mm luger and she is in love and when she got a new pistol i picked up a .44 mag that is just the prittiest thing so now that she is involved we have been building the collection a bit faster now.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.