270 Win. Brass

C. Smith

What is the best brass money can buy for 270 win.? I only shoot about 200 rounds a year from this rifle so to the extra expense for top quality is worth it to me.

Thanks

Well, you could buy Lapua 30-06 brass and neck it down to 270 then fireform in your chamber.

If I had the money, that's what I would do.

Well, you could buy Lapua 30-06 brass and neck it down to 270 then fireform in your chamber.

If I had the money, that's what I would do.

And this is exactly what I did.

NOW, there seems to be a problem with doing this in terms of case length being too short, and this is according to a post or 2 from way back when I did it on this and/or a couple of other forums. The poster knew a lot about internal and external ballistics.

That said, I've never had a problem so far that I'm aware of. Isn't there a guy who posts here from lapua? Maybe he'll chime in.

Otherwise, Norma is great brass, but for all of my 270s except 1, I'm using Winchester and it works just fine.

I have 100 new RWS cases. I'm very proud of them but if you think they might be worth more to you than me, send me a PM.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.