.270 Win and 115 SMK

ShowMeShooter

I made the trip to Sierra today for some MK's for my .223, while I was there I picked up some 115 MK's in .277. I want to give these a try in my Rem 700 (22" 1:10 twist). I've looked around and not had much luck finding any load data for them using the search engine.

Has anyone here came up with a decent load for this bullet and IMR4350, or even have some published load data on this bullet/powder combo? I'm thinking this would be a good dose of coyote meds. and a fun little screamer on groundhogs.

Any help would be awesome.

thanks Jud96,

I found a load on there of 60gn of H4831. I think this is a max load and I'll back off 10% and work up if this is the only powder I can find for this bullet. I sure would like to find something more though.

I tried that too, nothing on the 115 SMK. I got word from Sierra this morning to use the load data from their 110 SPT and stay one step in velocity under max for that bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.