.270 weatherby bullet help

Do you like your rock creek barrel? What do you have yours chambered in? I know this is off the subject but how hard is it to draw a mule deer and antelope tag In Wyoming? I know I'm biting off allot right now just curious and trying to plan ahead.

Do you like your rock creek barrel? What do you have yours chambered in? I know this is off the subject but how hard is it to draw a mule deer and antelope tag In Wyoming? I know I'm biting off allot right now just curious and trying to plan ahead.

I have mine chambered 270Wby and so far been pretty good barrel. I live in Co and I'm sure Wy like Co for non resident tags, good units take points (years) to draw. With all the pressure for draw tag here last year first time I didn't draw first choice buck tag and didn't get 2nd choice either and 3rd choice was first buck season and was too warn.

PM if you need anything else

Partitions & Accubonds would work great 150 yds or less. If you were shooting 250 yds or more the Bergers, Ballistic Tips and A Max bullets would be your ticket. For the best of both worlds the Hornady SST bullet will do it ! Just know that shots 100 yds and less will damage alot of meat.

Sir I thank you for your response. I love the sst bullets. I've never shot berger nor the accubond. I have shot the gameking hpbt but never under 75yds. I'm stuck on which bullet to use. I would love to shoot the 140gr gameking hpbt, the 150gr sst or 150gr nbt. Berger I would like to shoot but shots from 50yds to 150yds I don't know about nor if I should try the 140gr or the 150gr. Any advice e would be thankful

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.