270 and 338 rifles

Winchester Model-70 Extreme Weather
Winchester Model-70 Coyote Lite

Or better yet, go buy a Model-70 at a pawn shop for cheap, then send it to one if the many great sponsor/gunsmiths here, & have them square it, re-pipe it float, & bed, for about what a new rifle costs. That way you have a known accuracy standard, & a semi custom.

Those would be my first choices, but I'm a Winchester guy.gun)

If your budget is unlimited and your expectations high, then build full on custom rifles.

If you're a bit more conservative in both categories, then there are lots of choices for 270win/wsm even 270 Wby. Almost any of the major mfgs will get the job done with 270 Win. There aren't as many long range bullet choices for 270. But, the 165 Matrix has recieved high marks here and I think Berger may be working on something.

Win M70 is an excellent choice as recommended above.

Savage seems to be the current leader for off the shelf 338LM. Rem 700 Sendero would be a good choice if you want the more affordable 338 RUM. And, the M70 in 338 Win Mag is a long time staple.

-- richard

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.