27 nosler

It may be difficult to find someone with a 27 Nosler reamer. A good,well equipped, smith can make you a 27 Nosler chamber with a 26 Nosler chamber reamer and another reamer of some kind from his collection.

I think Nathan at hillbilly custom rifles has a 27 nosler reamer. I'm considering setting one up for the 170gr EOL.

Are all the cases in the Nosler family the same, or are the head spacing a bit different?

The 26 and 28 are the same. The 30 is about .050" shorter than the 26 and 28. The 33 is about .100" shorter than the 30.

There is no 27 yet so it's a wild cat till Nosler publishes it so right now 28 necked down using a 28 guage or a 30 necked down and a 30 guage. The reamers and dies for the 27 I was told by a Nosler tech are not what they may release,I was told it will not share the others headspace.

There is no 27 yet so it's a wild cat till Nosler publishes it so right now 28 necked down using a 28 guage or a 30 necked down and a 30 guage. The reamers and dies for the 27 I was told by a Nosler tech are not what they may release,I was told it will not share the others headspace.

That's a good thing. So they are considering a 27? When did you talk to them?

SAMMI spec for 27 Nosler is done. My 27 Nosler reamer print from PTG was done for Nosler.

Same for my 30, long before the announcement.

I run them all in with a 26 Nosler go/no go. so my brass is all the same.

SAMMI spec for 27 Nosler is done. My 27 Nosler reamer print from PTG was done for Nosler.

THis was before they released the 30 Nosler, The 30 has the shoulder pushed back as stated before in this thread.

I think nosler is going to do what Winchester did with the WSM make the 27 have different head space so you cannot fire it in a 26 or 28.

But yours aren't made to SAAMI specs. Per SAAMI, the only two that are the same is the 26 and 28. The specs on the 27, 30, 33, 35, and 36 are all different. I think the specs for the 27 is the best one of the bunch.

But yours aren't made to SAAMI specs. Per SAAMI, the only two that are the same is the 26 and 28. The specs on the 27, 30, 33, 35, and 36 are all different. I think the specs for the 27 is the best one of the bunch.

My reamer is SAMMI. I ran it in until the 26 go gauge fit. The 27 is pretty slick.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.