260 Rem loads

260 Rem, Lothar Walther 20" barrel, Savage action.
140gr Speer Spitzer / Lapua brass
No idea on velocities as I was just working up an optimal charge.
44gr RL17, 1/2 MOA. No pressure signs.
Another test I have loaded but not shot yet is Leverevolution, 38-42gr with the Speer 140. I have been surprised at how well LVR performs with short barrels.
Something is not right I had a Remington semi-custom on a long action so I could seat 140 and 140 + bullets out on a Remington action and have a Tikka tac A1 now and the load you are talking about weren't even starting loads for mine I just don't understand where your pressures coming from I will ask what are the signs you are seeing cheers
Ejector marks and slightly sticky bolt lift
With all my Savage actions, that's the first symptom before flattening primers. I think it's a function of how weak their extractor is, and the floating bolt head being hammered back onto its bearing surface.

One option could be to have the chamber bored out to 260 AI. Then you might gain some velocity and could make brass for a new 260 AI barrel.

I guess long story short if your load is accurate and fits your needs then don't worry about the velocities. Load up and have fun.
This. ^^^

1. Accuracy trumps marginal increase in velocity

2. A chrono should be used to estimate your dope once accuracy is established.

This gets you 90% of the way there. The last 10% comes from experience behind the trigger on that gun/load.

I've been thinking about an x-barrel, but haven't decided on a cartridge yet.
With the lack of brass available in most cartridges it's difficult to get something that you don't already have. I've been wanting to do a lightweight build complete around 6-6.5#s in a short mag of 270wsm, 300wsm/saum and no 7mils. Before I decide on a cartridge I'll buy the brass 1st along with the dies. I just don't really want to do another long action. as I'll be 7-7.5#s. Brass hunting sucks!
I shoot very little brass headstamped 260, I have 5 or 6 thousand 308 empties and just run them through the 260 resizing die load them up with bullet and check outside neck diameter against reamer dimension and you are ready to go or use 243 brass and a bit of lube on the inside of the neck send them through the die and you probably don't need to check finished neck diameter because when necking down cases of a larger diameter to a smaller diameter there is more material in the neck so when you change the neck size to a smaller diameter the wall can become thicker and maybe become a pinch in the chamber and make very high pressures