260 rem loads questions.

JOHNNIE WALKER

Im very new to reloading and looking for advise. The rifle I'm shooting is a Savage model 10 Predator Hunter Max 1, 24'' barrel, 1-8'' twist, 260 rem. Factory loads average around 3'' groups @100yds. Match grade rounds from Southwest or HSM are just inside of 1''. This is not really acceptable accuracy for me. If I cant find a load that shoots well enough I have no problem switching the barrel.
Supplies are really hard to find right now but I was able to come up with some 140gr A-Max and a few 140gr Accubounds. The powder I have is A4350. I read that 4350 was a great powder for this cartridge and A4350 was the only kind I could find. I have plenty of casings but primers are no where to be found. I'm still looking though.

If you have any advise for me please feel free to share. I need all the help I can get. If you have a load that you think might help me please feel free to share.

Here's one that looks good for you to try,.. remember to start at a lower charge rate and work up to this,.. every rifle is not the same.

Capture260Rem-A4350_zps9e41423d.jpg

Not trying to promote another site, but snipers hide has a ton of reloading info on the 260's. Might want to check it out if you cant find what your looking for here.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.