260 rem loads questions.

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by JOHNNIE WALKER, Apr 7, 2013.

JOHNNIE WALKER Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Im very new to reloading and looking for advise. The rifle I'm shooting is a Savage model 10 Predator Hunter Max 1, 24'' barrel, 1-8'' twist, 260 rem. Factory loads average around 3'' groups @100yds. Match grade rounds from Southwest or HSM are just inside of 1''. This is not really acceptable accuracy for me. If I cant find a load that shoots well enough I have no problem switching the barrel.
    Supplies are really hard to find right now but I was able to come up with some 140gr A-Max and a few 140gr Accubounds. The powder I have is A4350. I read that 4350 was a great powder for this cartridge and A4350 was the only kind I could find. I have plenty of casings but primers are no where to be found. I'm still looking though.

If you have any advise for me please feel free to share. I need all the help I can get. If you have a load that you think might help me please feel free to share.
  2. 7mm Magnum

7mm Magnum Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Here's one that looks good for you to try,.. remember to start at a lower charge rate and work up to this,.. every rifle is not the same.

3. ta406

ta406 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Not trying to promote another site, but snipers hide has a ton of reloading info on the 260's. Might want to check it out if you cant find what your looking for here.