26 nosler patriot rifle questions

fisherman983

for you all who have a nosler patriot in 26 nosler, have any of you used US869 and 140 bergers? if so, what was your coal and fps/accuracy.

ive been loading for one that belongs to my cousin, and ive gotten some pretty decent groups, but the speed was very low, just barely over 3000 fps. I was curious if anyone else using this combo was seeing similar results.

if I should try something else, im all ears.

Seems like a nice round, though not widely used. I would think Nosler has some reccomended powders and expected ballistics on their website?

Sorry, not much help, good luck on the search. If deer hunting you have months to go to get the loads tuned.

Been reloading 130 Accubonds in my 26 Noslers.
I wont use 140s, I honestly feel the neck is too **** shallow to properly grip the bullet... nevermind the fact that US869 and Magnum? are the only two propellants that even hit the magic 3300 mark without going over saami pressure.
I run 130 Accubonds and 81.5 RL33(western hunter xbolt-3350fps) and 88 RL50 (m48-3450fps).

If you look at all the load data, even RL50 the charge weights drop WAY off once you hit that bullet weight.... the usual mindset I keep is the start charge for a bullet *should* theoretically be the MAX charge for the next bullet weight up in the spectrum.... It's clearly not. No thanks.... the SD of the 130s is that of a 7mm 150-160, depending on manufacturer.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts