26 Nosler load questions

Mike D Texas

Does anyone have a 26 Nosler that is throated long? I was playing around with some brass and 156 EOLs and it looks like the ideal COAL to place the bullet properly seems to be around 3.650".

If you do have one, what powder do you use and what velocity do you typically see?

My dummy round was at 3.670" COL, and I got a reamer print from Manson based on that. I have a 34" 7 twist barrel blank waiting for the reamer. I only have Hornady brass so not rushing into it until I can find Peterson. Hopefully soon.

My dummy round was at 3.670" COL, and I got a reamer print from Manson based on that. I have a 34" 7 twist barrel blank waiting for the reamer. I only have Hornady brass so not rushing into it until I can find Peterson. Hopefully soon.
Nice. That sounds very close to how I would set mine up. But I will likely neck down ADG 28 Nosler brass.

I've done the same thing with a few Manson Reamers. I just sent 2 more cartridge prints off with dummy rounds this week, one of them being the 26 Nosler.

What powder do you plan to run?