26 nosler load questions

I started with a box of the 129 LRAB and 140 custom competition factory loads and both were pretty poor in the accuracy department. Good brass for reloads, but I wouldn't waste any money on factory loads if i could do it all over again. Just go straight to reloads. Either way, I'm excited to get this thing tuned up. Should be nice and flat shooting, that's why we spend the money on a cartridge like this right? Of course, every deer I see from here on out in my hunting career will likely be under 75 yards!

I used some rl33(75gr), nosler brass, 140ab...shot 1" at 100..3200fps...3.600"oal...
Not a hot load by any means but shot well..sighted at 200
yards.....
Same day as I was shooting the 7rum(15moa)at a rock at 777 yards the 26 nosler(10.25moa) did well there too...
No problems whatsoever...but will definitely work it a bit more...
77 had barrel jump ejector marks(nonported or breaked)(nosler patriot 48)...
79gr heavy bolt lift....not so tight groups...about 3400fps...beat up brass, loosened pockets...
Stayed at 75 for now...
Bought some 129lrab ammo..supposedly 3400fps...only showed 3300 on my chrony....6000' elevation..maybe 60° temps...
Shot worse than my handloads..2" at 100....
I tried 75 gr of rl33 under a 140 nbt and it put them all in the same hole. I didn't have my chrony but I may run this as a backup load.

I started with a box of the 129 LRAB and 140 custom competition factory loads and both were pretty poor in the accuracy department. Good brass for reloads, but I wouldn't waste any money on factory loads if i could do it all over again. Just go straight to reloads. Either way, I'm excited to get this thing tuned up. Should be nice and flat shooting, that's why we spend the money on a cartridge like this right? Of course, every deer I see from here on out in my hunting career will likely be under 75 yards!

Im in the same boat...I have not had any luck with the nosler factory ammo. You would think with the price tag they would be pretty good but I have been really disappointed with the nosler ammo. I figured I would just buy factory ammo and shoot it for the brass but I think you are right here...no reason to waste it on the ammo just buy the brass and start out there.

Im in the same boat...I have not had any luck with the nosler factory ammo. You would think with the price tag they would be pretty good but I have been really disappointed with the nosler ammo. I figured I would just buy factory ammo and shoot it for the brass but I think you are right here...no reason to waste it on the ammo just buy the brass and start out there.

You're really just paying for the brass when you buy 26 or 28 Nosler ammo

I have only shot five from my box of factory 129....
I think rather than shoot to waste time I will pull those bullets and use them in my 65284...and reload the brass....hate to do it but 2" groups at 100 yards pretty much sucks at $75 a box....
Or maybe reduce the load a touch and see if they shoot better...
I know....this rifle..SPEED KILLS......but a waste of time is a waste of time....and monies....

I am a new user, I signed up here to get and give any good info I can. I bought a Browning Hells Canyon in a 26 Nosler 26" barrel and I do my own reloading, I found a load that works great in my rifle and just wanted to pass it on, 82 grains of RL33, 127 Barnes COAL 3.300, 215M Primers, I was getting 3450/3475 at first and just the other Day I was testing my 6.5 PRC through the chronograph and shot my 26 Nosler through just to check and it was 35+ like 3517 I figure my barrel is getting broke in. Not having to good of luck with the PRC yet though, still working on it.. If I find something I post it.. The 26 Nosler though at 100 yards is stacking them inside the 1" circle 2" high with some cutting each other on those Rifle Targets most ranges use.