.257 weatherby brass

Petersons told me in an email they are working on 257 weatherby brass and hope to release it early 2024.

I am probably going to have to buy 50rds of this too though to get me by.

I have looked for it alot and even weatherby didn't have any. I am going to try and get buy with what I have. I have some old 7mm rem mag brass I made into 257 weatherby for the last barrel on this gun. I doubt that brass will hold the load pressure of the full bore Hammer 128gr loads.

Maybe I will use it for the Berger loads.

I have looked for it alot and even weatherby didn't have any. I am going to try and get buy with what I have. I have some old 7mm rem mag brass I made into 257 weatherby for the last barrel on this gun. I doubt that brass will hold the load pressure of the full bore Hammer 128gr loads.

Maybe I will use it for the Berger loads.
Honestly, when I first got my 257 Weatherby, brass was more expensive (Norma stamp) than factory Weatherby ammo, so I bought 5 boxes of the 110g Accubond ammo. Still have a box and a bit left, plus the 100 Norma cases I bought and loaded up with 115g Partitions.
Are the factory rounds over there expensive? They are getting that way here, like 20 round boxes of Barnes 180g TTSX cost $135 a box here then, now above $150!

Cheers.

Purchased 50 "Once Fired" 300 Wby. brass from a guy on Gun Broker, 9 or 10 rounds were actually 300 H and H cases, clearly stamped, fireformed in to 300 Weatherby mag. I did not appreciate that. I have no idea how he fireformed them, and he lied about them being 300 Wby mag cases. The cases were wet tumbled so they were clean and shiny and looked like new.

When I bought my 257 several years ago, I had trouble finding ammo that would shoot consistently. I ended up settling on Nosler Accubond ammo made by Nosler. I believe they were 110 or 115 grain accubonds.
At the same time you could buy Weatherby 100 grain Spitzers for $28 a box. I bought 5 boxes with the intention of shooting them and reloading them with the accubonds. That project got side tracked. To be continued later.

I have several boxes of 257 wby brass I would sell. All shot only once. Several boxes of weatherby, a couple boxes of hornady, and i think one box of nosler. PM me if you are interested.