• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 257 Roberts w/Shilen

BigSwede

Blueprinted Ruger MkII ultralight action with a Shilen Stainless select finished at 25.5" in factory ruger ultralight stock. There are some dings in wood and a crack in stock near grip. Pics provided better if needed. 3 round groups in the 3's-5's with some better. Approx 250-275 rounds down barrel. Properly bedded into quality stock would do better. Selling to raise $ toward muley hunt. 700$ w/redding dies / brass/ bullets.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Blueprinted Ruger MkII ultralight action with a Shilen Stainless select finished at 25.5" in factory ruger ultralight stock. There are some dings in wood and a crack in stock near grip. Pics provided better if needed. 3 round groups in the 3's-5's with some better. Approx 250-275 rounds down barrel. Properly bedded into quality stock would do better. Selling to raise $ toward muley hunt. 700$ w/redding dies / brass/ bullets.

A crack in the stock by the pistol grip,,is it safe too shoot?

Yes it's safe to shoot. I've shot 3 whitetails with 85 grain barnes that piled up. As well as paper. Crack showed up after allowing a buddy to borrow the gun for a deer hunt.. Hmmmm... As mentioned, the gun shoots well but my opinion is that it would benefit from a good stock and bed job..(as would most).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 8
Dang, if it werent for that crack in the stock I would be all over this one.

Back up. Fyi.....Open to offers. Solid rifle. Has a crack in original stock that is not obvious and does not hinder its safe/accurate operation. I changed my mind when I began the project and never put an aftermarket stock on it. It's functional as is but would be outstanding with new stock. I don't want to bother, I have other things going on. Thanks