25-06 Berger VLD

Firecat

Has anyone loaded a 115gr. VLD for their 25-06? If so what experience did you have? Also what load did you use. I am considering buying some for Muley's and Antanalope. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

47.6 G IMR-4350 w/ 115 Berger VLD. Most accurate load I have tried out of 25-06 Sendero. Shoots .3s - .4s. Don't remember velocity off the top of my head. Killed a white tail deer with it at just over 400 yards.

Scott

Thats awesome guys. I appreciate the feed back. What is the closest animal you killed and what was the terminal performance?

TrueBlue,

I am shooting the 100 TSX bullets right now. They are shooting great for me as well. I will continue to shoot them but liked the idea of the higher BC offered by Berger's. What rifle are you shooting?

I shot a kangaroo at 150 yds this weekend using Berger VLD Target 140gr in my 6.5X55. The muzzle velocity was 2750 fps and the calculated velocity at impact was about 2650fps.

In general the roo is a light framed animal and this one was shot through chest which was about 6 inches wide. The result was a large exit wound missing the heart but taking out the top of both lungs. The bullet was not recovered but the evidence suggested it expanded rapidly and the animal dropped to the ground right there. I was impressed with the result. I have also shot a roo in the chest with the Sierra Match King at the same distance and the bullet passed straight through.

ETR

Nice one Eric. I wish we had roos to hunt here. I Hunt with the Matchkings for Coyotes out of a 220 Swift. It is a weapon of mass destruction. I think that matchkings require a high level of speed to open consistently.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.