• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 243 win LR target/coyote rifle

gilbertc

Sold I have been using over the years as my long range rifle for target shooting and coyote calling, even a few antelope hunts. It has enough weight to it to keep recoil light but light enough that carrying isn't all that bad. Originally built by GAP as 243 win match all the action and stock work was done by them. I just had short action customs put a new barrel on this past spring and shot it some through the summer. Got a different rifle for matches I have started shooting that fits that style better so trying to move this to make up some funds.

Specs

GAP trued the remington 700 short action and bedded into a McMillan A5 Edge fill to keep weight down. Stock is actually pretty light.
SAC spun up the 26" bartlien 7.7 twist barrel M24 contour fluted it and installed a 419 brake on 5/8x24 threads all metal cerekoted black
KMW bottom metal with AICS mag, really like this bottom metal
20 MOA rail on top
Timney Calvin Elite trigger
The A5 is edge fill non-adjustable and has camo paint that has been very durable so far 2 flush cups on the left side
rail on the front for bipod

Shoots the 115 dtac at 2960 very will with a mild load of 4831 round count on new barrel just passed 500 so it should have 1000 rounds life left where I was running mild load, maybe more depending on how demaning you are. Rings and scope are not included. Stock pack can be included if you

Sold

IMG_2049.jpg IMG_2050.jpg IMG_2051.jpg IMG_2052.jpg

Last edited:
OK... is there any reason people are devoid of communicative skills? Your typing... just spell it out in English. What's SAC? Also, what the heck happened to public education?

I like 243's. Please spend the 3 extra seconds typing in the King's English what you have and what it costs so I can consider buying it without the tapdance of deciphering useless abbreviations.

Can you spell?

Last edited:
Sorry sir. I spelled it out once at the top Short Action Customs did rebarrel job. Lots of people know them as SAC. My apologies for offending you by not spelling it out both times.

P.S. it's not due to lack of education on my end if that's what your comments were getting at.

OK... is there any reason people are devoid of communicative skills? Your typing... just spell it out in English. What's SAC? Also, what the heck happened to public education?

I like 243's. Please spend the 3 extra seconds typing in the King's English what you have and what it costs so I can consider buying it without the tapdance of deciphering useless abbreviations.

Can you spell?

I have no affiliation with the seller, but I have to say that all the abbreviations he used are well known companies. I'm sorry if you don't know who they are, but that doesn't warrant you the right to try and badger someone for using what he thought was well known. (And rightfully so in his assumptions) Best of luck to the seller. Sorry to clog the thread. Just my two cents.

One question to the op (Original Poster if you don't know what that means Mike)... what is the weight?

I have no affiliation with the seller, but I have to say that all the abbreviations he used are well known companies. I'm sorry if you don't know who they are, but that doesn't warrant you the right to try and badger someone for using what he thought was well known. (And rightfully so in his assumptions) Best of luck to the seller. Sorry to clog the thread. Just my two cents.

One question to the op (Original Poster if you don't know what that means Mike)... what is the weight?

Thank you for your input. Rifle without scope and rings is 11.0 pounds.

Your right, I suppose I should apologize.

Sorry.

Can you spell?

I had no issues reading this ad. Do you complain when you see people write "NFL" instead of National Football League? I only ask because "GAP" and "SAC" to gun nuts is as common as "NFL" is to sports nuts. Maybe you should learn the industry before complaining about what you don't know. As for public education, I think the real issue is people whining on the computer about what they didn't take the time to learn instead of just asking another man a question.

I had no issues reading this ad. Do you complain when you see people write "NFL" instead of National Football League? I only ask because "GAP" and "SAC" to gun nuts is as common as "NFL" is to sports nuts. Maybe you should learn the industry before complaining about what you don't know. As for public education, I think the real issue is people whining on the computer about what they didn't take the time to learn instead of just asking another man a question.

Fair enough. GAP I know. SAC I don't unless it's Strategic Air Command.

I just do not believe this,here is a guy moving a very good rifle that I wish I had and u are picking because of your stupidity.Private mess

Also willing to split rifle up if someone wants just the barreled action. I can always keep the stock or would sell it once barreled action sells if someone was interested in it.

Recent Posts