243 vs 6.5 creedmore

TC338

I'm wanting to get into competitive long range shooting this coming year and looking at possible calibers for a competition rifle. Not wanting to dump a ton of money into the rifle to start. Figure if I enjoy the competition and want to continue I can always sell the rifle and go the complete custom route. Any suggestions? I plan to hand load either way but factory ammo availability would be nice, just in case. Other chamberings to consider?

I am a big 243 fan but for your intended use I think I would get a savage LRH in the creedmore. If im not mistaken it comes from the factory with a 1-8 which would be nice.

I am a big 243 fan but for your intended use I think I would get a savage LRH in the creedmore. If im not mistaken it comes from the factory with a 1-8 which would be nice.

I was looking at the same rifle. Either the creedmore or the 260. Also thought about the ruger precision rifle. I want to start in the production class so I can not modify the rifle in any way.

Savage Long Range Precision would be worth a look. Comes in .243, .260, and 6.5 Creed.

Going to need a rifle with a barrel that can handle maybe 22 ~ 25 shots in about 20 minutes and not let the heat get to it. The Savage LRP has a 26" button rifled bull barrel and can handle that rate of fire. The LRP also comes with the Savage Accutrigger which is adjustable down to about 4 oz. A crisp light trigger is nice for long range target stuff. Also comes with an aluminum bedded HS Precision stock.

Savage Long Range Precision would be worth a look. Comes in .243, .260, and 6.5 Creed.

Going to need a rifle with a barrel that can handle maybe 22 ~ 25 shots in about 20 minutes and not let the heat get to it. The Savage LRP has a 26" button rifled bull barrel and can handle that rate of fire. The LRP also comes with the Savage Accutrigger which is adjustable down to about 4 oz. A crisp light trigger is nice for long range target stuff. Also comes with an aluminum bedded HS Precision stock.

+1, what type of competition do you plan on shooting?

I actually have a LRP in 243 and it shoots REALLY good. The only down sides that I can see is it doesn't have the adjustable cheek piece and it costs a couple hundred more than the LRH. But as was already said the LRP really does have a very nice trigger.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.