.243 Laser

If someone would make a 120gr 6mm bullet, a 6wsm or 6prc would be cool. Or maybe a 6mm-7prc..

Tubbs makes the 115 DTAC already, about all that's left is a mono that needs a 6 twist. There comes a point where a cup and core bullet is too long for the bore and engraving torque rips the jacket. IIRC Kirby had this issue around 300gn in a 308 for his Raptor project.

Everyone has the opportunity to design and build any form of wildcat cartridge they desire. Presentation of the ideas and design features is what drives discussions regarding the potential for success. Some of us dance the dance without mention of an idea to the general public whether on a forum or otherwise. Occasionally, the ideas die a quiet death or lay relegated to the back of the bench or some storage area in the shop. I have a handful of custom reamers which I wish I had never spent the money or time creating.

If you're convinced that you have the path to the next super cartridge, have at it!;)

Speaking of design failures...

Nosler, in it's infinite wisdom, designed this cartridge for the wrong reasons. As a result, it is failing to capture even a small portion of the public's awareness and purchasing attention.

Personally I like the basic idea although their execution is wrong. So I decided to try a couple of changes to 'improve' their design and create a slightly better cartridge to promote longer barrel life.

First, I put the Nosler brass I overspent on, away. Low quality and far too high a price to pay for that lack of quality.

Second, I bought Peterson brass in bulk in order to minimize the cost and have the buffer of more brass than I needed right away.

Third, I ordered the reamer with my print as a guideline to avoid problems with communication during a phone call. The print is a hard copy, evidence of all dimensions and location of those dimensions. Yes, I own an Optical Comparator to check their grinding accuracy.

All I really did was push the neck back from 2.331" to 2.270", allowing for a longer neck to control some of the blowtorch effect caused by slow burning powder gases directed into the throat of the chamber. This is a similar type design employed in the 6mm Remington except using a better shoulder angle. The loss of a couple of grains in powder capacity is negligible.

Weatherby, with their 6.5 Weatherby RPM, has solve both problems by creating an excellent cartridge design providing efficiency and the velocity needed for longer range hunting.

As far as the 6mm is concerned, their .240 Weatherby is my usual choice when hunting for Coues deer in southern AZ. I do have a 6mm-06 AI which is also a good choice. I did build a .240 Gibbs but I switched back to the Weatherby and 6mm-06 AI.

Choices are a wonderful thing to have!

Enjoy the process!

:)
That comparator is a nice guage to have. You don't see them for sale much. Aerospace used them a lot until CMM's became the inspection process.