.243 hornady sst 95g loads?

nick rawsthorne

hi all,
im a new member from england and am hoping to tap into the vast accumulation of knowledge you american shooters have.
im awaiting a forster press from the usa which im hoping should be here in the next 6 weeks again iam told, been waiting since june. anyway hoping to reload my .243 tikka t3 varmint in stainless synthetic with hornady .95g sst interlock using vihtavuori n550 . cant find any reload data, min max etc.
if anyone could help the greenest of reloading greenhorns i'd really appreciate it,
many thanks,
nick.

This web page Products - Lapua has load data for 90 and 100gr bullets. Its not that hard to interpolate to find a starting point and then work up until you see pressure signs.

You can also consider other powders if they are available.. Hodgdon has a great reloading website and there are several powders that work well. H4831, H4350 and H414 are all favorites of many people and I have been using H100V which seems less popular.

Try the thread below as a starting point.
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f28/first-sign-excessive-pressure-42878/

You might want to do a search in the reloading sub forum as opposed to user introduction page...

Usually the shape of the primer cup changes as the pressure increases and it finally ends up getting extruded into the gap between the firing pin and bolt face. Then other (worse) things follow.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts