Rem7mag loads for deer

Ralph Rupple

I just got a rem 700 bdl 7mm mag. im looking for loads for deer but i dont know a lot about powders for magnum rifles. i have IMR 4831,and IMR 4350 but ive heard 4350 burns to fast. any help on bullets and powders would be awesome.

RR, loaded 168 Berger VLD with H4831SC in my in law's 700. Sub-MOA at 200 yards and even better out to 500 which is his limit due to very poor eyesight. He took a very nice 170+ mule deer with it in 2012. Good luck

Thank for the info Dosh, I'll try that powder, h4831sc.got it 168gr.berger I've heard of those bullets but never tried them, can you give me a starting powder charge?

RR, send an e-mail to Berger with info on your rifle (twist rate, barrel length, bullet weight, powders you want to try, etc.) Berger will send you load data within a few days. Good luck

I have been hunting deer with a Remington BDL 7mm mag since high school and it seems to like Reloader 19 powder. My cousin likes H1000 in his Winchester, but I have never tried it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.