243 and the105 A-Max

I load them for my Savage 10 Predator. My load is 48.5 grains Retumbo, Fed. 210M, Hornady brass. Seated .010 from the lands. Getting right around 3150 fps. **** accurate and deadly on coyotes and whitetails. This was a 5 shot group at 200 yrds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 90
R17 and R26 have shown .3 groups in my savage custom. R26 is the speed king in my rifle. 3200fps and still below max in my rifle with the Amax. I've shot about 400 rounds on current barrel and average just over .3 MOA for 5 shot groups.

I noticed that both of you two are shooting the Savage that has a barrel twist of 9.25. I'm hoping that my twist of 1:10 can shoot the 105 with acceptable accuracy. I say acceptable, meaning .5 @ 100yds would be good enough for me. This is my kids deer rifle but, I still want to go out there and shoot it at varmints too. I have another project behind this gun that I'm itching to get on, 300 WSM.

Thanks for the information.

I load them for my Savage 10 Predator. My load is 48.5 grains Retumbo, Fed. 210M, Hornady brass. Seated .010 from the lands. Getting right around 3150 fps. **** accurate and deadly on coyotes and whitetails. This was a 5 shot group at 200 yrds.
If I could ever shoot a hunting load like that I don't think I could live with myself. That's **** accurate in my eyes. Just started loading for a 243 same twist ( rem 700).

I'm actually shooting an 8 twist. In the rifle I described. I have shot them with 1 MOA results out of a 10 twist Browning BAR.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.