Max Load 243 WIN??

SidTheKidd

I was wondering if anyone has figured out a max load for 243 using a 105gr Amax and H4350.
I am shooting a stock SPS Varmint. I think I have them loaded pretty mildly right now with 37 gr. of H4350. So whats the approximate max load?

Thanks in advance,
Sid

i have a savage .243 win shoot 105 A-max and shoot 38.5gr H4350... its mild giving me about 2810 in a 22in bbl.... i think hornady's book says max is about 40... not 100% sure about that ....

ejector marks? got pics?

Your reloading book should give you some expamples. THe Ejector mark is the mark left on the case head where the ejector was on your bolt face. Usually a bright mark but not always.

JUST BECAUSE ONE GUY CAN SHOOT A PARTICULAR CHARGE DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN!!! you have to find out for yourself. Think about it... maybe his scale reads a grain heavier than yours, or maybe he is using better brass, maybe his freebore is more... lots of things contribute to chamber pressure.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.