• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED .22lr hunting rifle

Get you a brand new Marlin Model 60 for 179 bucks. It's plenty accurate and you have plenty of dough left for a scope and a ton of ammo. The squirrels will never know the difference!! Or you can get a Savage Mark II bolt action for a little over 200 and they are super accurate.

My old model 60 will out shoot most bolt guns. Can't speack for yours, but ensure your scope and rings are tight and clean the bore and shoot it again. I have had tremendous accuracy with mine and only clean it about every brick of ammo. You might be able to get the accuracy y ou need with what you have. Good luck.

Mines about 1 1/2" 5 shot groups at 50 yards with the best ammo. Fixed 4x Bushnell. Tried about 12 types. I am meticulous with scope mounting. What kind of groups are you getting?

Honestly, I haven't shot the one I typically use on paper for awhile. Just always used it squirrel hunting, and had no problem with head shots.

I picked up another Mark II the other week. It was used and at a price too cheap to pass up... but I'm starting to sour on the newer Savages. Used to be a huge fan (my older Mark IIs shoot great, and I have about 6 other Savages I love), but I've had bad experiences with my last couple.

I'll have to shoot a couple of my Mark IIs soon at 50 and 100 yards and see what I get.

Recent Posts