225 eldm and rl25

Joefrazell

Because I can't find any temp stable powder I've decided to go with rl25. I ordered 5 lb and 200 ends of the 225 eldms. This will be shot out of a 300 win mag 9 twist bartlein barrel r700. I normal load is with 215 Berger's but wanted to try these eldms.

Anyone out there running rl25 anymore? I know that I'll have to pay a little more attention to temps and that's ok.

I us it in my 7 saum. It's very accurate in my rifle but it really slows down when it gets cold out. For reference I was at 2860 fps at 60°F and was down to 2811 fps at 29°F. WLRM primers seemed to work the best. I read that these are the most temp stable primers and it seems to hold true as I was using Fed215 before. I don't have hard data to prove it as I didn't record any cold temp shots with the 215 but the WLRM didn't cause velocity spikes like the 215 in warmer Temps.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.