223 Hog Hunt

That head shot was awesome. DRT!
The Princess Bride Laughing GIF by filmeditor

LOL ...ooops ....Im a sailor

Last edited:
Zen, what is the longest distance that you have shot that round. What do you think would be the longest shot you would take on a coyote as the rifle is right now?
Hammer has it running out of expansion velocity around 550 yards with the velocities I'm running.
I'd go 350 yards due to my shooting ability and equipment on a dead stopped coyote. This is shooter and equipment limitation not bullet. Better gun shooting day time with NF scope I'd go longer.
I'm planning on bringing this on a deer MLD hunt next January. But these deer are small and max range may be 150 yards.

I've shot a ton of them with .223's and just use fmj's. Very seldom has one got away after that. The fmj's penetrate just fine and I find my best results with them using a side shot right through the middle of the shoulder.

Not the intended target but the 57gr HHT took care of business on these perfect BBQ Pit Hogs.

223 Wylde 57 Hammer Hunter Tipped Hog Hunt

Texas parks & wildlife warns of Brucellosis. Wear rubber gloves when processing. That was back in 2010. 10% had Brucellosis in Texas. Just cook well done. BBQ, even made tamales w/× dozens over last 40yrs.
55gr. FMJ, Winchester 64hr. Power points, sierra 63gr. Semi point( when u can find them)..... they all work exelent for me too.
Think I will try this 57gr. HHT

Recent Posts