Hog hunt PA.

Waynzee

Anyone know good places to hunt hogs in PA. that's not a let em loose in a corral and blast em up type hunt.

I doubt that there is a huntable population of wild hogs in PA. There are many fenced hog hunts that are always good for bacon. :)

For a real hog hunting experience you need to go south.

Boar_-_Cypress_Creek.JPG

Varmint Hunter, Nice pic. Big hog. Is that a 45/70 marlin? Where did you get him at? I had a Marlin Guide Gun with the ported barrel years ago, man, that thing was the hammer wheels of hell on deer.

Varmint Hunter, Nice pic. Big hog. Is that a 45/70 marlin? Where did you get him at? I had a Marlin Guide Gun with the ported barrel years ago, man, that thing was the hammer wheels of hell on deer.

I shot that hog in South Carolina not far from Savannah Ga. The rifle is a Marlin 1895 SBL in 45-70. I was shooting the Speer 400gr JSP. Believe it or not, that fat pig caught the bullet like a catchers mitt. I expected total penetration but it didn't happen. Pig ran off about 100yds before piling up.

The bullet expanded to 90 cal and maintained 394grs.

400_JSP_-_base.JPG

Yep, I shot a hog up in Vermont, weighted about 250 lbs. 2 times with a 7mm mag. 160 gr. Nosler Partition before it went down. Them bigger hogs can be tenacious critters and that's what makes it good to hunt them.
S.C. is a little farther than I would like to travel to hunt hogs, I'll find a spot here in PA.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.