223/22 hornet length actions

the reports of inherent accuracy from this round itself are phenomenal! but all those claims were made from bol action guns. do you think i would still be able to achieve this level of accuracy from a break action gun like the Thompson center encore or new England firearms handi-rifle? im building this rig specifically for taking small game (squirells and rabbits) @/around three hundred yards and still be edible (so head shots if i can do my part and the wind cooperates) so i need the utmost in accuracy!

All the "inherent accuracy" on earth isn't going to turn a Handi-Rifle into a 300yd. shooter! You're "stepping over dollars to pick-up dimes". For all the money you think you're going to save by talking 'uncle' out of one of his break overs, your going to spend a bushel of $$$$$ getting someone to fit a custom barrel to that break over because of the lug on the bottom of the barrel. Seems to me , if you're set on that little wildcat, you're stuck with a CZ, a Savage, or a Ruger. Wake-up! Custom work, like you're suggesting isn't going to be cheap! Cheap components/methods give 'cheap' results.

Thank you. thats exactly what i.was.asking. ive jeard of.encores.shooting.pretty well, but wasnt sure. thanx! as you stated i was concerned.abiut wasting the round.on a crap.action. just wanted to be sure. again. thanx

I recommend you obtain a copy of, "Sporting Firearms, A Designer's Notebook" before you go any further. The process covering what you want to do is covered in-depth. Reading it could save you $$$. I got my copy from Amazon.com/books

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.