22 br

tdoyka

after a lot of talking, i decided that the 22br was the way to go. t/c encore( i had a stroke, right side not very good) with a 24" mgm barrel, 40 to 55 grain bullets(62-63gr maybe),
and the range 250 - 500 yards

the question i have is 1 in 14" or 1 in 12", i am sort of leaning toward to 1in 12" any help will be greatly appreciated.

20 vartarg(16 1/4" mgm barrel) in encore and the 223 savage model 12(dad is using this one) some bolts are hard for me

gun)

Have never had a 22BR but have considered it several times, just currently don't have an itch for a centerfire 22. My next centerfire 22 will be for slinging heavy bullets (i.e. 90gn SMK's) so I'm planning on a 1-7 or 1-8. I can't understand why Remington doesn't do a faster twist in their VLS and VSSF, or at least make it an option.
No commercial brass available, so 6BR brass has to be sized, neck-turned and trimmed. In today's "microwave/instant/gotta have it now" society, some might look at this as a downside to the cartridge but for the accuracy this little gem is capable of, I think it's worth it.
As for twist, it really depends on the range and what bullet weight you want to shoot. Good luck with your endeavor.

I had a 22br in 12twist, it would flat out bug hole 50grain Noslers with mild recoil and 30 grains of powder. Forming brass was simple altho I neck turned for a tight neck chamber. I ended up swithching to a to a velocity monster 22-284 for long range splat factor :D.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.