22-250 vs 220Swift

I have owned two 220 swift rifles currently have one, I've had multiple 22-250's currently have one, in my experience the swift is more accurate especially with hot loads. I'm building a 1/7 twist 22 Creedmoor as we speak so we will see how that goes

My Swift is actually now a 220 Wilson Arrow, everything else is factory Winchester Varmint push feed with 1-14 twist stainless barrel. It shoots in the .2s - .3s at 100 and I've shot a few .4s @ 200 yards on calm mornings using Berger 55 grain Target and Nosler 55 Varmageddon tipped bullets. It's best group was with the discontinued IMR 4007SC powder but I've found great promise using the new RL 15.5. My chamber only shows a .3 grain reduction in H2O capacity over the factory chambering. My biggest complaint with the Swift/Wilson Arrow is I have to setup and use my 35P chrono because the speeds are too fast for reliable Labradar results. 😂

Have a few : 220 is a bbl burner but puts them out there . 22-250 almost a 220 but brass is all around. 225Win up there with the 220 swift but brass is tough to find especially in large lot sizes.. I would go with the 22-250 ! AUSTRALIA my first was a triple duce and later had a Bench gun made up 222 will work still have my SAKO VIXEN its a vault gun now . Traded my 222 bench towards having a 6PPC made up. My best bullets are and still using Nosler Zipps 224 cal no longer made still have plenty to last me .

I've had them both. Loved them both. Loved the 22:250 enough to bequeath it to my son. Loved the 220 Swift enough to keep it myself. Both were/are tack drivers when I'd do my part. And the barrel burning reputation of the Swift… only if it was loaded to belch fire. It's best accuracy node was below the fire breathing level and very pleasant to shoot.

Had a 22-250 for a while. Was decent. Upgraded it to a 6mm Creedmoor and won't touch the 22-250 again. As for the 220 swift, that gun has a reputation of being a barrel burner. Be forewarned.
Guess what they both are burner barrels. That was the reason they can out with the 22-250, because of the bad rap on the 220 swift. In the 52 thru to 55gr bullet the swift was faster. The other is they were pushing the swift over 4000fps in 52 and lighter grain bullets. It was burning barrels. Slow the 55grs down to 3900fps and get longer barrel life. I have a swift and its been over 40 years. Same old **** when the 22-250 came out. They put it faster with unfair comparison as the gun manufactures usual do when they come out with their case, but everybody wants the fastest. Just like Religion mind better that your. I often read about how fast barrels are burned out or expect life of other chambers.

All things being equal which is more accurate the 22-250 or 220 Swift
Pertaining to your question, as you already know, both are extremely accurate!
With factory ammo available for the .22-250, 4450 fps can easily be a barrel burner as well. I love them both with each being EXTREMELY ACCURATE. (I have kicked myself several times for not buying an almost new .222 couple of years ago!) JMO

I have two 22-250's and love them both. One I've had for 10 or 12 years and have killed groundhogs out to 470 yards with it. The second one I built last year for a carry around groundhog/coyote rifle. Haven't hunted with it yet, but it's a shooter. Both rifles shoot everything I've fed them well,

Never owned or shot a Swift, but by all accounts it's a fine cartridge. My buddy has been trying to talk me into a 222 build, just not sure what I'd do with it.

I have two 22-250's and love them both. One I've had for 10 or 12 years and have killed groundhogs out to 470 yards with it. The second one I built last year for a carry around groundhog/coyote rifle. Haven't hunted with it yet, but it's a shooter. Both rifles shoot everything I've fed them well,

Never owned or shot a Swift, but by all accounts it's a fine cartridge. My buddy has been trying to talk me into a 222 build, just not sure what I'd do with it.
Yep about all my 222 does is gather dust and the occasional stray alley cat

Had a 22-250 for a while. Was decent. Upgraded it to a 6mm Creedmoor and won't touch the 22-250 again. As for the 220 swift, that gun has a reputation of being a barrel burner. Be forewarned.
I have two .22-250's as well as a .220 Swift. All three shoot bug holes. As far as a .220 being a barrel burner.... In past times I believe that was valid however, with metalergies and refined and enlightened shooting practices nowadays as they are, I really don't think that to be quite the issue. However, prolonged and constant shooting will provide abuse to just about any barrel.

I own both and both are factory except triggers. I honestly shoot them about the same 13 coyotes with swift this winter and 12 with 250. They run neck in neck. That being said I got my 22 Creedmoor up and running about mid October and let me tell you what that is a lights out coyote smoking machine. Ive killed 29 coyotes with it bang flop. That little 52 grain hammer is smoking out of it.