22-250 Brass w/ .473 Case Heads

WbySub-MOA

Can anyone point me in the direction of true .473 diameter caseheads for the 22-250? I'm considering some Nosler brass and wanted the thoughts of others...

Much Abliged~

what you are searching for does not exist, all the brass makers make them undersized from the mythical .473 some are worse than others. in 22-250 brass Win. and Rem. brass are the worst coming in at .462 to .463 in the lots I have.
Norma and Federal are the biggest my lots of both are .466.
I was so frustrated by this problem on my first custom rifle having a whopper oversize chamber (.473) that I spent countless hours making 22-250 brass out of .243Lapua brass that measured .469
since that time I have realized the best way to go is to have your own reamer made to fit the brass that is available.
If you are going to use a factory chamber Fed. or Norma are your best bet, if you like the hoola-hoop around the ankles look then Win brass is great.
UB

Thanks a bunch for the reply... As I understood it, if any round made using the '06 headstamp, it would be run through small basing processes to ensure proper functions through any auto-loading actions it might be used in.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.