21st Century mandrel die cap

You made me go look/check. My dies don't have the window like the newer ones but with the mandrel in the die, I snug the cap finger tight, and the mandrel still has some play. You can shake it and it rattles faintly. Never had the cap get stuck. Check the threads, maybe you got a bad one. Call 21st Century. They would probably replace it.

You made me go look/check. My dies don't have the window like the newer ones but with the mandrel in the die, I snug the cap finger tight, and the mandrel still has some play. You can shake it and it rattles faintly. Never had the cap get stuck. Check the threads, maybe you got a bad one. Call 21st Century. They would probably replace it.
nah the threads are fine, it's just the cap getting cocked from the mandrel pushing against it. I had turned off too loose, like 1-2 turns instead of just a 1/4 turn 🤪. That's what 21st recommended.

Last edited:
Well, I lube my case necks with Micca.
Is it the best so far ? Just watching a vid from Sinclair and they show Hornady One shot wax and I have unique.... LOL what's the difference. Sales ?! LOL

Last edited:
Is it the best so far ? Just watching a vid from Sinclair and they show Hornady One shot wax and I have unique.... LOL what's the difference. Sales ?! LOL
Your powder will flow through a neck lubed with mica or graphite but would need to be cleaned if lubing with something that the powder kernels will stick to like One Shot or Unique.

nah the threads are fine, it's just the cap getting cocked from the mandrel pushing against it. I had turned off too loose, like 1-2 turns instead of just a 1/4 turn 🤪. That's what 21st recommended.
I never had any problem with my two dies.

21st Century expander dies with and without window.jpg

21st has an excellent CS, and if there is something wrong with yours, I am sure they will make it right for you. Good luck!

Mica or graphite works fine, that is all I have ever used, I am sure Hornady one shot is good as long as it doesn't leave a greasy film inside the neck.

I used it on my 06 brass for my M1... not that I noticed. It dries, and I gave a good half hour. But I think I didn't mix it well enough, even though I shook it peridically. Someone here said it drop the can in hot water and it'll mix easier? I had to shake the daylights out of it, but it seemed to come out splattering, so it was me, and the sizing didn't go as smooth as I hoped !! 🤪