215 hybrid in a 300 wby

coyotelite

Looking for some of your experiences loading the 215 Berger in a 300 wby. What's your setup? What kind of speeds are you getting? What's your overall length and how do they like the weatherby freebore?

When I shot the 300 I used 7828 and H450 for the 200 speer hotcor and 220 (I think) serria. Didn't have access to a crony back then just loaded and shot drops to guesstimate vel. I never had an issue with freebore as far as accuracy went. It was nearly as accurate as a 6ppc I shot in hunter class when you set up properly for the recoil. The Hybrid with it's much more forgiving ojive shouldn't be an issue. Buy 100 do a ladder for speed then play with seating like every other cartridge and you should be gtg. You should see speeds similar to the 30 nosler. Dial it back to 3000ish and your brass will last a very long time using retumbo 7977 H1000 or the equivalent RL powders Like 26 and 33. IMR just came out with 8133 I would think it's retumbo with a copper retardant added. Might be the best of all listed for the 300. That dreaded freebore will allow for a full case of powder which is never a bad thing imho

I ran this combo prior to re barreling to 300 win mag.
My load was 82.5gr h-1000
coal at 3.9
Was single feeding.
Pretty lite load as I recall.
Threw away all my other notes, sorry.

I don't remember my charge weight, but IMR 7828, 215 Berger loaded long was right at 3000 fps. I do know I was loading the rifle single shot.

Lite, loaded the 215 Hybrids in a 300 Wby per the Berger manual, they shot very well with H1000, Wby brass, Federal 215M. Very forgiving bullet in regards to seating. They are outstanding in the 300RUM and 30/378 I've loaded. Like 30-06 said, just e-mail Berger or possibly call. They may have updated info.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.