.204 Ruger BRASS

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
What is everyone using for .204 Ruger Brass???
We have been shooting the .204 R since 2004 when the cartridge came out. One thing was that Hornady had the market on the .204 back then. Remington came out with a .204. Both manufactures had AMMO in 32 gr and 40gr.
If you were reloading - Brass was available from fired ammo. Then both Hornady & Remington came out with reloading Brass.
Then Nosler came out with Brass to reload.
We have/had a lot of Hornady/Remington once fired brass and gifted away the Rem and most of the Hornady Brass. We purchased several hundred Nosler Cases to use.
Our question is what is everyone using for .204 Brass other than Hornady, Remington? I see there is Nosler and Norma on the market.

Thanks
Len & Jill

I've got some Nosler I'm shooting that, was on clearance in the early days of covid. I'm halfway through its second firing so can't really speak to longevity. Some point about 10 years ago there was a bunch of Hornady on clearance and knowing I'd eventually have another one someday I bought significantly more than I remember buying. So it will be q while before I shoot through the nosler and hornady.

I found some
"Dogtown Brass" for $43.0 per 100 pieces
Hornady $35.00 per 50 pieces.
"Nosler" for $54.00 per 50 pieces
"Norma" for $51.00 per 50 pieces.

I guess if we buy more brass it will be Nosler since we have been using it with no issues. Wish that Lapua would have made .204 R.
Shot a lot of Hornady Ammo and did one reload after without any issues.
Stocked up with a few K of 39 gr SBK and enough H-4895 & Fed Match SR Primers.
Now just need to be able to get out to NE PA for some Chuck hunting or SD for P dog hunting.

I found some
"Dogtown Brass" for $43.0 per 100 pieces
Hornady $35.00 per 50 pieces.
"Nosler" for $54.00 per 50 pieces
"Norma" for $51.00 per 50 pieces.

I guess if we buy more brass it will be Nosler since we have been using it with no issues. Wish that Lapua would have made .204 R.
Shot a lot of Hornady Ammo and did one reload after without any issues.
Stocked up with a few K of 39 gr SBK and enough H-4895 & Fed Match SR Primers.
Now just need to be able to get out to NE PA for some Chuck hunting or SD for P dog hunting.

I know I built my 204 just for p-dogs but have never been

Thanks

Buck

I bought some Winchester in the blue bags. I fount a store locally . That started carrying brass several yrs ago. I bought 8 bags of it. Then came across some once fired Winchester brass. I bought it been shooting it. Still have the new old stock stuff. I went back in there a month ago. They had 3 more bags but in the new bags. But i dont shoot mine alot. Been shooting hogs with it. A berger 35 gr hp at the base of the ear. Light s out on them.

I know I built my 204 just for p-dogs but have never been

Thanks

Buck
Tough to hunt P-Dogs or Chucks here in the lower SE!
Coyote S T

Where did you find the dog town brass for $43. Per 100 ?

Hal
Hey Hal
We never bought from this Retailer. I found this brass doing a search for .204R.

Thanks
Len & Jill