.204 Ruger

Brent-AR-30-338

Probably not the right sub-forum, but oh well.
I'm thinking about building a .204 ruger. I am in the middle of selling my ruger 243 VTII, it shot ok, but was just too **** heavy to pack in any good distance. The .204 seems to have a lot going for it, and im thinking something like a rem 700 LV SF, but those are not being made anymore... the shop has one left. Or the new rem model 7 predator. Or the CZ 527 varmint kevlar.

so what do yall think, remmy or CZ.
Ive always wanted a rem, but the Cz looks pretty **** good too.
yeah I'm gonna handload, but was wondering what kinda accuracy everybody was getting with either rifle, as that could be a deciding factor.

Brent, look at the Savage LRPV. It's the most accurate factory rifle being made, and I believe they cost about $950 to $1000. This rifle is worth every penny. It comes with an H&S stock, Savage Target Action, Savage Accu Trigger, 26" 1" straight tapper barrel, yes it's 1" at the muzzle.

My buddy just got one of these rifles and it is a nice looking rig. He topped it with a 5.5x22x56mm Nightforce NXS scope. It's a very impressive little cartridge. It's a flat shooting rifle out to 400 yards with the 32grn V-Max and it's very deadly on varmints out at that range too. My buddy is using VV-N133 and he is getting around 4200fps. He won has first varmint match this weekend at our local range. The match consists of 10 shots at 100, 200, 300, 400 yards. It's a very unformal match, but it's real fun. He was very excited because he beat the guys who were using custom rifles with VLD bullets.

If you don't like the Savage, my second choice would be the Remington. Good luck and have fun with it when you get it.

W.

I forgot that it weighed that much. Are you going to be walking a bunch? The Remington is really nice too. If your not going to be walking to your varmint hunting areas and can drive to them, get that Savage LRPV it's awesome. Good luck and kill those little vermin.

W.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.