• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

2023 Black Friday Deals/Sales

I know this forum isnt meant for debate, but I wouldnt buy that. Who in their right mind would say, yes we are going to be doing a deal...aka do not buy it now when we can make more money off of it, wait and save money. That would be the honest thing to do, but sometimes being in business isnt always about the honest thing.

I personally think a lot of the big names will be doing deals this year. Even though this market is more of an impulse than necessity sector, the economy is impacting everyone. People just do not have as much money to spend right now and companies know that.
So you think she lied to me?

So you think she lied to me?
I can't say for sure. Maybe she doesn't know, maybe she can't say or maybe they really arnt. But I find it hard to believe they wouldn't. Almost everyone does something for Black Friday/shop small Saturday/cyber Monday…and a lot of hunting places are already doing their sales. To me that points to an industry that's feeling the brunt from inflation and other impacts to people's wallets.

I know for one thing, if I was the owner or ownership group and someone told customers a sale was coming I wouldn't be very happy with them.

Seems like most everything is on sale

Yes usually it is. If I am not mistaken there are a few of there vendors that honor that pricing but you would need to confirm that.
Eurooptic and Sport Optics were authorized to extend the discount in the past. It's usually a 40% off deal so it would seem it's an extra 10% off.

where is this 50% off posted?
I have used Eurooptic for the Vortex .MIL discounts

I can't say for sure. Maybe she doesn't know, maybe she can't say or maybe they really arnt. But I find it hard to believe they wouldn't. Almost everyone does something for Black Friday/shop small Saturday/cyber Monday…and a lot of hunting places are already doing their sales. To me that points to an industry that's feeling the brunt from inflation and other impacts to people's wallets.

I know for one thing, if I was the owner or ownership group and someone told customers a sale was coming I wouldn't be very happy with them.
I'm not sure where you are getting your info but sales are posted publicly all over the place. They advertise them on the radio, pop up all over your phone, flyers, billboards, banners....the idea of sales is supposed to advertised. You get email notifications about sales left and right. It's called marketing. If nobody advertised their sales the sales wouldn't be successful. You think these companies are losing money on "sales"? Everything you buy puts money in their pockets. They are still making money off sales but doing so by selling more volume.
I think you're getting sales and discounts confused

I'm not sure where you are getting your info but sales are posted publicly all over the place. They advertise them on the radio, pop up all over your phone, flyers, billboards, banners....the idea of sales is supposed to advertised. You get email notifications about sales left and right. It's called marketing. If nobody advertised their sales the sales wouldn't be successful. You think these companies are losing money on "sales"? Everything you buy puts money in their pockets. They are still making money off sales but doing so by selling more volume.
I think you're getting sales and discounts confused
Sir, I believe you are the one confused here. I'm well aware of how sales, discounting, retail/e-commerce and volume works.

I never said anything about marketing or advertising sales. Someone said they called a company a couple of weeks ago…which would put it late October and asked them if they were going to have a Black Friday sale. I don't know of any retailer that is going to openly disclose a one or two day Black Friday deal weeks in advance unless they had a planned marketing campaign to release the info that early. This company might not have a sale at all but I wouldn't put a ton of value in what a random person answering the phone says in October.

Sir, I believe you are the one confused here. I'm well aware of how sales, discounting, retail/e-commerce and volume works.

I never said anything about marketing or advertising sales. Someone said they called a company a couple of weeks ago…which would put it late October and asked them if they were going to have a Black Friday sale. I don't know of any retailer that is going to openly disclose a one or two day Black Friday deal weeks in advance unless they had a planned marketing campaign to release the info that early. This company might not have a sale at all but I wouldn't put a ton of value in what a random person answering the phone says in October.
Disclosing a black Friday sale isn't exactly letting the cat out of the bag. And It's not a random person. She answers every call.

Disclosing a black Friday sale isn't exactly letting the cat out of the bag. And It's not a random person. She answers every call.
If that's true, show me some Black Friday deals, ones that begin on 11/24, that are already posted by the actual company. Not some Black Friday ad leak site. They are few and far between if you find any. Large companies like Walmart, Cabeals, Kohl's, JC Penny, Under Armour and the like with billion dollar revenues aren't even posting that stuff until a day or two max before on their website and flyers in the paper. There must be a reason for that. Some of its hype and some of it is to protect profits.

As for the lady that answers all the calls…she might be the owner, the marketing director or the CEO but I highly doubt that. Someone directing calls or accepting orders likely doesn't know everything that's going on in the company, and even if she does I doubt she's going to tell you several weeks in advance. That really was my main point of what I initially said.

I would just like to just repeat my last post again hahah:

Recent Posts