2019 KY Deer Season

Randominator

The good Lord has blessed me with a great season this year.

Spotted this guy at first light on opening day. He was over 150 yards away and I couldn't get a good look at him, but I knew he had potential. Saw several smaller bucks over the following days, but nothing shot worthy. Thursday morning a small 6 came out of the bottom into the field followed by another deer, both close to 175 yards. I determined the second deer was larger and deserved a closer look. They were feeding along an old fencerow and I grabbed my Primos can call and gave a series of four bleats. They both turned and headed my way. Looking through my binoculars, I saw the second deer was a shooter and I hoped he would present a shot. The buck crossed an old fencerow and came into the meadow I was set up in and stopped broadside at 126 yards. At the shot he took off and disappeared behind some trees. About 30 seconds later I heard him crash.

300 Blackout using a 190 grain Maker Rex bullet at 1060 fps. The bullet entered the center of the left shoulder and exited through the right. He traveled only 40 yards.

kYeXsr5m.jpg

Gross score of 127 7/8. Mainframe 8 with double crab claws on the left side.

SF8LHz9m.jpg

Monday morning found me set up in the same place trying to fill my doe tag. This big male coyote came in about 90 minutes after daylight offering me an 85 yard shot. 300 Blackout using a 110 grain Barnes TAC-TX at 2445 fps.

NcriiOim.jpg

Thursday morning I moved to the back of the farm watching an open field surrounded by woods on all sides. 30 minutes after daylight this big mature doe came into the field with a smaller yearling. She was quartering hard towards me at 167 yards and the bullet entered in front of the right shoulder and exited behind the left. 300 Blackout using the 110 grain Barnes TAC-TX.

YzkW9hdm.jpg

Awsome, well done. I was gonna ask if you have tried the lighter 300 blk Bullets then I kept reading lol. They reall are a great round with 100-110gr monos

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.