2015 wyoming mule deer

huntinfool18

Just got home from my 2015 mule deer hunt.
Hunt overall was good. Lots otf deer and not a ton of people given it was public lands and an easy to get tag. Buck was shot opening morning at about 200yds

Nice buck. Tell us more. First time hunting mulies? tell us about your rifle and load. give us some details about the set up and the shot.

this is is probably my 20th mulie buck. Ive lived in wyoming pretty much my whole life. I've been very blessed having this kind of hunting in my back yard.
Shot wasn't anything long range around 200yd very steep down hill shot. with a diablo custom rifles built 6mm comp match shooting non formed factory winchester 100gr power points. Had this rifle for close range work under 300yds and the 338 rum for back up. Rifle and ammo did it's job, dropping the buck in it's tracks. I guess I should mention this was a DIY public land hunt that anybody can hunt annually

this is is probably my 20th mulie buck. Ive lived in wyoming pretty much my whole life. I've been very blessed having this kind of hunting in my back yard.
Shot wasn't anything long range around 200yd very steep down hill shot. with a diablo custom rifles built 6mm comp match shooting non formed factory winchester 100gr power points. Had this rifle for close range work under 300yds and the 338 rum for back up. Rifle and ammo did it's job, dropping the buck in it's tracks. I guess I should mention this was a DIY public land hunt that anybody can hunt annually

Sounds like you're a golfer with the right club for any situation!:D

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.