**** 2008 2nd Antelope and Tyler was along ******

Sendero_Man

Well this evening went great ! :grin:

It all started at 3 pm when I got my top spotter and best hunting buddy picked up early from school. We had it planned after yesterdays great whitetail hunt he missed, that we would go after the 2nd speed goat for this year.

We loaded up our stuff, grabbed some snacks and headed out. A quick fifteen minute drive from the house and we were at the antelope area. I went about a mile north from the spot I got my whitetail at yesterday.

We drove in and found a small herd. Tyler told me there weren't any shooters "just tiny ones Dad" he said. We rounded a corner and went over the next ridge and found another group of over 40 speed goats. The lead doe blew and away they went. Tyler laughs at how silly they are... :crazy: He says, "they must know your gun is sighted in good Dad !" I smile and and laugh with him.

About a mile later and over the next ridge, we saw another bunch of 14 goats. Tyler glasses them with his Bruntons and says "there he is Dad, lets take him." I hand him the Leica crf 1200 and he ranges him at 398 yards. We decide to get set up and see what happens. This bunch are slowing grazing away, but are not alarmed from our presence.

Tyler grabs the video camera and gets it set up, as I get my rifle out and get myself ready too. Tyler starts the video and ranges him again. He has moved out to 507 yards. I dial 5.5 MOA on the NF and I wait for him to stop moving along and take the shot. DRT !! :grin:

YouTube - 2008 Antelope Hunt with my son.

Tyler did a great job on the camera and we have another great day to remember. The buck measured 14 1/2 and had nice Ivory tips.

2008_Tyler_and_2nd_goat.JPG

Us together for a picture to go on the wall !!

2008_2nd_Goat.JPG

thats pretty dang cool buddy!!!!!

my wife doesnt really even care much about hunting and she thought it was pretty awesome that you got to have your son their, and play a huge part in getting the goat!!!!!

thats great, i really am jealous of ya

congrats

steve

Great memories for both of you :)
Thanks for taking us along on your hunt.

edge.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.