20” AR15 Barrel Recommendation

Tgunz64

Looking at buying a 20" barrel soon for my AR. 5.56. What brands do you guys suggest? Mainly be a coyote gun. Occasional deer too possibly. Thanks!

I've had good experiences with Rock River Arms. If you want a really good barrel try one from o e of the premium barrel manufactures.

Rainier arms, builds most of their in house barrels off rock creek blank. Very solid shooters, have 2 of theirs. White oak is great as well.

Give Satern a call, they make great barrels that are accurate and they are great to deal with. Tell them Tommy Roupe told you to call.

look for a milder twist if say 300 yards is the limit 9 or 10 with shorter lighter bullets.
the 50 gr vmax is a tack driver
Krieger would be my first choice.
so not buy a cheap bbl with a poor chamber choice and expect miracles.
you want a short throat, not a wylde or similar

look for a milder twist if say 300 yards is the limit 9 or 10 with shorter lighter bullets.
the 50 gr vmax is a tack driver
Krieger would be my first choice.
so not buy a cheap bbl with a poor chamber choice and expect miracles.
you want a short throat, not a wylde or similar

I own a 22-250 with a 1:14 twist that shoots the 50 vmax superformance with 1" groups at 200 yards. Yes they are nice bullets. I'd rather a 1:7 or 8 for the heavier bullets. 60gr and up. Was considering buying a 243 but instead I think I'll save some money and just buy a better longer barrel for my AR.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.