2 weeks

linksmechanic

I have about 2 weeks until I'm on my way to my elk camp. I can't sleep I'm so excited. I went out today and shot my rifle and was pretty dissapointed. I had a 3 1/2 3 shot group at 400 that was about 2 inched high. Not really bad but not what I'm used to. I've been shooting less lately because of work but I'm gonna shoot hard for the next week. I'm shooting a sendero sfII in 7rm with 180 bergers spitting out at an astonishing 2925 fps! I had very slight ejector marks today nothing to get worried about. Anyways were packing in on this junt about 3 miles from the trailhead and setting up spike camp. Be in there for at least a week. Just got into the back pack hunting thing, its gonna be pretty tough. Anyways signing off just had to blabber for a bit.

Using the same bullet in my 280 in N. Idaho as well. My pard and I have been diligently shooting at up to 1200 yds in mountainous terrain on plates I've set up. We've got our rifles shooting really well and hopefully we see elk.

I plan on using an tarp and Kifaru tipi to hunt right behind my house where there are some elk. Just be there and watch and let the rifle and USO SN-3 3.8-22x58 do the deed.

After using these optics on my rifles this summer it feels like cheating. Almost! They are really a step up from my old super sniper and Springfield Armory scopes.

I'm ready.

Went out today and shot my partner's 300 rum. Box stock sendero sfII. Running berger 210's at 3100. Shot under 1/2 moa at 300. That's number 4 700 that shoots great for us.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.