180VLD hunting VS 175EH in 7rem mag

284magnum

Trying to figure out what to load in my 7mm rem mag. I have 10 pounds of H1000, ADG brass. Currently shooting some hand loaded 180 VLDs I had a guy load. They shoot MOA or sub on some groups. Looking for first hand experience.

I have a 9.5 tw in my 7rm. I cannot stabilize that class of bullets so I use the 168 vlds. My brother is using the 162 amax. Both rifles shoot sub moa out to distance. The Berger load hasn't hunted in the 5ish yrs I've owned it. The 162 amax for my brother has been a great killer and if he doesn't hit the shoulder fairly meat-friendly. His is on a retumbo diet and mine is Rl26.
Check your tw if it's a 9.25 or 9.5 try this class of bullet they both run just over 3k in 24" tubes

Currently I have 300 VLD hunting in hand but my friend is going to sell me 500 175 elite hunters. I have killed a few elk, bunch of deer, and 3 black bear with berger 180VLD and I love them. But accuracy they are more sensitive to seating depth and I would like something more forgiving starting to reload. Or am I making a bigger deal than what it is?

But accuracy they are more sensitive to seating depth
Is this your experience or what you have read. Personally I've loaded for 3 different 7 mags and 180 Bergers 2 liked H1000 and 1 RL26. I with 215 primer and 2 with 250's

I use 175 EH in my 280AI, I highly recommend them. Killed a couple of elk, deer, audad. They are an excellent hunting bullet. Ive used VLDS in other guns and I like the EH better. Easy to tune in than the VLDs in my experience

This is what I have read. I love the performance of the bullet. I just want something not to finicky to reload for. Plinker would you say the bullet performs the same when it hits an animal as the VLD?

I've loaded the 30 cal 210, 215
7mm- 180 VLD
6.5 140 VLD, 6.5 140 Elite hunter
Each was its own animal different gun, different barrel, different cartridge to say one bullet was easier to tune than the other just never noticed any difference to say it was because of bullet.
I treated them all like any other Berger fine tuning seating depth .005 at a time.

This is what I have read. I love the performance of the bullet. I just want something not to finicky to reload for. Plinker would you say the bullet performs the same when it hits an animal as the VLD?
Yes they seem to penetrate a little more before expansion and a little less fragmenting. The last elk I shot both the lead core and jacket were under off side hide with %40-%50ish retention at 515 yds. They have exited on deer sized animals a lot. Burbour Creek had done some ballistic jell test where the elites penetrated a few inches more than VLD before expanding. I used elite hunters from .338 .30, 7mm, and 6.5mm and have had nothing but excellent results in accuracy and killing