18-24” AR10 style gasser.

gohring3006

I'm thinking of doing a gasser in 6 or 6.5 mm,
either the Lapua or Creedmoor.
What are some tricks to get ES and SD down on these rifles? Seems to be a lot going on with barrel/cartridge gasses to get consistent ES.

I'm thinking of doing a gasser in 6 or 6.5 mm,
either the Lapua or Creedmoor.
What are some tricks to get ES and SD down on these rifles? Seems to be a lot going on with barrel/cartridge gasses to get consistent ES.
A guy a shoot with just finished a 6.5creed with a 22" barrel. He chose a rifle length plus 2" gas system. He has had it out at least a couple of times, that I've been there, and is getting load development pretty close to ironed out. He is sorting Hornady match brass with the large rifle primer pockets and annealing after every firing. He is shooting 140 berger hybrids at right around 2.800". He is using CCI LR Magnum primers, he is going back and forth between H4350 and Norma URP. He was seeing SD of 11 to 13 with H4350 and 10 to 13 with URP for five shot groups and velocity is running right around 2,730 fps with each. He says he is also going to be working with the 130 berger AR hybrid very soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.