178 gr. bthp vs 178 amax

gohring3006

I found a really accurate load with the amax I wondering if the bthp can be loaded to the same OAL. I know its relative but I don't want to change my seating die length. I was hoping someone has ran both to the same seating die adjustments and had good results....

Interesting, I too thought of that. My experience came to be seating depth had to be turned down a few to compensate for hpbt not having a plastic tip. The good part is no drastic change in POI, my shots at 600 were hitting 2 1/4 inch high to right.

Fyi, mine load was 7mag 162 gr amax/ 162 gr hpbt match

That's good to know I have 100 of the bthp that I would use in a pinch. They have a better BC but the Amax is so friggin accurate I can't bring myself to switch quite yet luckily I found a box of 250 amax so I'm good for awhile.

That's good to know I have 100 of the bthp that I would use in a pinch. They have a better BC but the Amax is so friggin accurate I can't bring myself to switch quite yet luckily I found a box of 250 amax so I'm good for awhile.

An Ol timer had 700 of amax left in a pile. No hesitation for me

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.