17 Hornet

Greg Duerr

Has anyone used Superformance Powder in their 17 Hornet.............I got super accuracy out of the Factory Hornady Ammo in my CZ 527

What other powders are you getting your best accuracy in the 17 Hornet

Your case is just too small for powder as slow as the superformance. What was your other little rifle? something like a 19 Badger? Since we last talked. I got into 223 because it is so cheap to shoot and abundant, Oh and it has the ability to take on our monster Jack Rabbits

Yep, I sold my 19 Badger, panicked when I heard he had sold his bullet Dies...........Kind of regret it though but the Rifle never really shot all that well. .7 at 100

I really wanted a 20 VarTarg, then a 17 Fireball, then thought I wanted a 17 Remington. Out here its all about Jackrabbits and ground Squirrels...............and the Bobcats are going for $450. I do have a bid on a Remington 700 17 Fireball on www.gunbroker.com We will see.
I had RBros build me a .243 AI and after that groups over .7 seem boring. That Rifle fire forms at the high .2's and the Low .3's.

RBros told me that they use the .223 and shoot the 69gr Sierra BTHP Match for Coyotes and Bobcats. .223 hole in .257 hole out...........have been using it for years.

I sold most of my guns.....................I do like shooting that 17 Hornet in that CZ 527 its really accurate............I will shoot it for a year and then decide what to get next...................I did manage to find some Vitav. N120

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.