150's in a 300winmag.

Didn't see a dedicated thread for load data.

What's everybody's favorite powder for 150's out of a 300 ?

Not to sound negative, but it will seem that way! IMO, you're seriously "hamstringing" a 300 WM with 150's…..even if it's a mono!

Kinda like putting low octane gasoline in a Porsche 928…..it just ain't right! 😉 memtb

After 30+years using 300WM's in various flavours, the ONLY true use of a 150g pill, is use on pigs at longish ranges (400+) in a 24" barrel…
The only powder sufficient/efficient enough is H4350, but you could try H4831sc. I would not shoot these rapidly, the barrel will be smoking hot after 5-6 rounds with rapid fire.

Cheers.

Not to sound negative, but it will seem that way! IMO, you're seriously "hamstringing" a 300 WM with 150's…..even if it's a mono!

Kinda like putting low octane gasoline in a Porsche 928…..it just ain't right! 😉 memtb
I know, I know. I'm not planning on shooting a lot of them. I've just got a specific task in mind and I want fast and flat. And recoil is almost nothing in this rifle with 150's. It weighs 15lbs and sports a pretty effective brake. Spotting impacts is my main concern. 150's running in the neighborhood of 3400ish is what I'm after. Or faster

I know, I know. I'm not planning on shooting a lot of them. I've just got a specific task in mind and I want fast and flat. And recoil is almost nothing in this rifle with 150's. It weighs 15lbs and sports a pretty effective brake. Spotting impacts is my main concern. 150's running in the neighborhood of 3400ish is what I'm after. Or faster

Well, recoil should be near non-existent! memtb

Superformance out of a 24" 30-06 and 155vld will get you 3200fps. Not sure if that's a viable powder in the 300?

Superformance out of a 24" 30-06 and 155vld will get you 3200fps. Not sure if that's a viable powder in the 300?
It is but it's finicky. Better with even lighter bullets. With superformance I've found you want a full case and preferably a compressed load even or the es and sd numbers are ALL OVER THE PLACE. But, as even hornady and hodgdon say, it has a limited window but where it works it REALLY works.

I used it in a .300 win mag to drive hbn-treated Barnes 120 tac-tx bullets to 4050 feet per second. It was a violent but very fast killer. 89 grains compressed. That's not a typo. I did not mean to say 79 grains. It's very dense powder, I fit 89 grains of it in PETERSON brass under a crimped hbn treated 120 grain bullet and chronoed a bunch of them all between 4040-4060 fps. Easy one finger bolt lift and extraction and no major pressure signs in my savage 111. No doubt it's a tad hot but these progressive burn rate powders (like superformance, rl17, rl26…and I have my suspicions about Leverevolution and the Winchester StaBall line) really do some interesting things…they don't play by the same rules all the time.