Reloading 300WinMag Questions ???

I haven't reloaded 300WinMag in a few years, and I don't have my notes with me.

Like the other's said about the case length, what the books say. Should be able to find it on the internet, ie hogdon web site. I use a Lee trimmer, no guessing there.

As far as what data to start off of. Rule of thumb, says you can use data for a hevier bullet like 195 or 200 data on your 190gr bullets. I would look at 180gr data to see that you are below the charge weight for 180gr data. The usual reason for this is heavier bullets are longer take up more space and cause higher pressures.

As far as the distance off the lands, every rifle is different, and can change with the bullets, as well. Usually between .050" and .015". Stressing usually.

I would like to see what others are loading too.

Im working on a New Remington XCR LRT 300wm

It would be nice just for kicks to see....

COAL
Brass Brand
Neck sized or full length
Primer
Powder
Bullet
Bullet seating off lands
Grouping
Speed

I've got an XCR LRT 300 that I load for.

For factory loads, it loves the 150 grain Core-Lokts the best, will shoot them under .5 - .75 moa up to 200-250 yards.

My go to load is

Nosler or WW brass fully prepped (it shoots them both the same)
Full length sized with a Forster, seated with Redding Comp. seater
BR2 primer (shoots better than magnum primers in this load)
74.0 grains of H1000
180 grain Sierra Game King 0.010" off the lands
will shoot .5 - .75 (or better if you do your part) moa at every distance I have shot it (up to 450 yards)

Don't have a chrony yet, so I don't know the speed.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.