150 Smk in the 6.5 Creedmoor

Creedmoor shooter

Not alot of info out there on this combination. So I decided to share what I've found so far. This is shot out of my criterion 26in 8 twist barrel

Starting off with adg/Peterson brass. I tried 40.5 grains of rl-16. Resulting in 2740 fps(I'd have to look at notes to be exact). Moving to rl-26, 44.5 grains in Peterson brass gave me 2810 fps and that was pushing the envelope for pressure in that case.

Moving to hornady brass
Rl-26
46.5 grains 2846 fps sd of 9
47 grains 2867 fps sd of 10.

I still have 47.5 to test. No signs of pressure so far. Bullets seem to be stable, but I've found them to be irregular in my rifle. They'll shoot well one day but not the next. I'm thinking to really take full advantage of this bullet you'll need a 7.5 twist. I'm hoping to take it out for distance next week and see how the bc holds up and I'll also be working it up to pressure to see just.what this little creed to push this thing to. Stay tuned.
20190927_175145.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.