15 seconds

Tnwhip

We heard some howling across from my house the other evening. A couple of days later I grabbed my shotgun and went after them. The land is an old cow pasture that has not had a cows in it in over 30 years. It is nothing but a thicket. Can't see over 40 yds. I only went in about 100 yds. and set my motion decoy and caller up 15 yards from me. I turned the caller on and 15 seconds here comes a yote. He ran up the the decoy and I let him have a load of #4s. That is the quickest I ever had one come in.

I love it when that happens. I was using a hand call one afternoon and went to a spot and set up. I always try to sneak in as quietly as possible which was a good thing on that day. I started with a very low sound rabbit in distress call and a coyote stood up in front of me by some brush about 50 yards away. He must have been napping. Was crazy!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.