139gr Interbond - 7mm08

FWIW, I've found interbonds very picky to get accuracy I come to expect out of accubonds and Hornady spire points.
Inter bonds are hard compared to other cup and core bullets, same as accubonds . That's were accuracy issues come from! but the inter bonds don't bond cup to core unless heated up at high speed down the barrel. don't know this is fact but have info that if shot sub sonic they will open up quite quickly. Maybe someone with more knowledge on this will weigh in.

7mm-08 excellent little cartridge! Got a Tikka for may granddaughter 4 years ago. So far she has used it well on antelope, Merino, Corsican, mule deer, and black bear. She makes her grandpa proud. Hope to take her to Africa when she turns 18 to try on plains game.
She has used the 120 TTSX, 139 Hornady Interlock, and 150 Nosler Partition. CFE 223 powder so far. Got some StaBALL 6.5 to try. Most groups are running 3/4". I need to play with the over all length I think to tighten them up. Or maybe more than a 9x scope with my old eyes. LOL!

I worked a load for two 7-08 rifles I had and found a good load with the 139 grain interbond with h4350 and an awesome load with h4895. One barrel was a 26 inch proof and the other was a 24 inch factory barrel. I don't have my data in front of me but I will see if I can find it. I like Varget but never tried it because the h4895 shot bugholes.

I worked a load for two 7-08 rifles I had and found a good load with the 139 grain interbond with h4350 and an awesome load with h4895. One barrel was a 26 inch proof and the other was a 24 inch factory barrel. I don't have my data in front of me but I will see if I can find it. I like Varget but never tried it because the h4895 shot bugholes.
Don't fix it if it isn't broken!

Recent Posts