130gr. Sorocos

gmkempf

Looking for a good 500yrd+ hunting bullet for my .260. It really likes 130gr Accubonds but try to find them. Several Sorocos out there, more money, but if it means shooting or not shooting I will pay more. Just wanted to know how they perform on game and if they are picky on seating depth act. Thanks, Greg.

Love the 130 gr Scirrocco II's in my 6.5 rem mag, especially for the terminal ballistics. I have shot several hogs up to 200#, a few coyotes and crows at distance. Haven't trapped one yet and all have been pass thrus and DRT. Hit like the Hammer of Thor with a noticeable "whap"

My 6.5 rem mag has about 15 gr more case capacity than your 260 so velocity will be much more. I run the 130 SSII's at 3175 fps. The "listed" BC of .571 is right up there with all the other Tier 1 bullets like Bergers, Scenars etc and better than the AB's, Sierra MK.

The SSII's can be sensitive to seating depth but not as much regarding accuracy as producing low extreme spreads and standard deviations. I found my best seating depth at .060" off

1211-1.jpg

An amazingly consistent load over several range and hunting trips, just keeps stacking 'em close and chrono'ing the same. I would think that RL17 would give you an extra 50 to 100 fps also if you have access to it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts